Getting Grid’y with it
Workshop (1.5 hours) — Wednesday: 13:40 - 15:10 — Dræggen 7
Abstract: Once a while technology comes along and reshapes the way we do things. For over two decades layout on the web has been more or less dreaded by developers, and has felt more like a chore, than something that we have enjoyed. Things have started getting better, but with the introduction of CSS grid, the layout game has changed into something quite enjoyable. During this workshop, you will learn all the things that make CSS grid fun to work with, and more than enough to make use of CSS grid in your own projects. Prepare yourself to experience the closest you’ve come to programming magic.
- Introductions to layout on the web: 5 minutes
- The history of CSS Grid and all the random events leading up to its release: 7 minutes
- Introduction to CSS Grid and it’s terminologies: 3 minutes
- Introductory stage where we solve tasks together to be comfortable with the way CSS Grid works: 15 minutes
- We implement an advanced web page layout together, both for desktop and for mobile: 40 minutes
- A rundown of the cool things that we did not cover: 10 minutes
- Going through resources that will be handy when working with CSS Grid on your own: 5 minutes
- Summary: 5 minutes
Intended audience: This workshop does not require any previous knowledge about CSS. Everything will be explained well and both the presenter and Google will be able to help you with what ever you may wonder about (Regarding CSS Grid at least). Be sure to bring your own computer or a friend that has one.