Automatic Accessibility Testing for All
Workshop (1.5 hours) — Wednesday: 13:40 - 15:10 — Kongesalen 5
Abstract Accessibility testing tools are of great help in making an accessible website. Automatic accessibility tests can be of even greater help, freeing up time to focus on the changes that will make your website better for everyone.
In this workshop you’ll learn how to set up and write your own automatic accessibility tests. While doing this we’ll also cover some of the most common accessibility errors that can be discovered automatically and learn how to fix them.
- What automatic accessibility testing is good for and how it alone is not enough
- Semi-automatic testing: using browser extensions to get used to the format for automatic testing
- Write our first unit test using axe-core
- Fix broken code discovered by unit test
- Write browser test using cypress
- Learn how to exclude issues/add exceptions, set appropiate level (WCAG A, AA, AAA) and restrict testing to specific components